Five Question Friday!!
It's Friday people...and its time for some questions, brought to us by Mama M.
So, the rules? Copy and paste the five questions below to your blog post, answer them, grab the MckLinky Blog Hop code and link up!
And, we're off!!
1. What is your favorite Holiday and why? Christmas, my family always made such a big deal out of it and we have a lot of traditions around it as well.
2. Who has been the most influential person in your life? my grandma
3. If you could give up one household chore forever, what would it be? folding and putting away laundry
4. What is the BEST practical joke you have ever been a part of, on the giving OR receiving end? (Thanks to Meghan, for that one!!)
5. Where (or how) did you meet your spouse? we met from myspace. I have done a blog post about it, I meant to do it as two parts but never finished
Friday, August 28, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
1. What is your biggest Pet Peeve? I think I am too grumpy right now to answer this. . .
2. With no worries about finances, childcare, or travel time...where would you most want to vacation? I would love to go to Europe and go to Ireland, Italy and maybe France
3. If your house was in the path of a tornado and you had time to grab 3 things before the house was totally destroyed (children, husband, pets are already out) what 3 items would you grab? Probably some stuff from the china cabinent that was my grandparents
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Right here in my family's home where I grew up, with another addition though!
5. What is your family's favorite homecooked meal? probably pasta, baked ziti I guess
Thursday, August 20, 2009
So I am currently 14 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I have a complete placenta previa, which my midwife had the unfortunate duty of telling me that my chances of it going away with my ob history (2 c-sections and a crazy big twin birth previously) and the postion its in now are basically worse than slim to none. Eneryone immeadicately thinks my biggest concern is having to have a c-section, well I am already planning one of those, a vaginal birth isn't safe after my uterus has been stretched so much. My twins were just 2 ounces short of a combined weight of 15 pounds and my singleton was over 11 pounds. My concern is pre-term labor and bleeding. Well. . . and the probably inevitable bed rest with three little ones at home and some community responsibilities that I can't shirk (is that the right word?) out on.
I have been having a lot of cramping and luckily so far just the occasional spotting. Unfortunately, the cramping is so bad at times it keeps me up at night, that and the fear of all this. So this morning I decided to take the boys for brea*kfast because I was STARVING! I was thinking that after I would run up to Walmart for a few things, mainly the lemonade I crave like . . .um. . .lemonade-aholic!!! I realized that I couldn't since I couldn't lift the twins into a cart. After eating I thought I would go to another grocery store that has parking for pregnant women and also carts that hold all my children, which is no small feat. Upon almost getting there I realized that I just wasn't feeling up to it with my cramping and back pain. . . . . . .
I know that I am supposed to be happy that the baby looks happy and healthy right now but I am almost too scared to be happy about that right now.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Five Question Friday
1. What is the most embarrassing thing your Mother-in-law has ever said to you? (Thanks Meghan, for the fun question!)
I am lucky to have a great mother in law! She is there when we need her, not over bearing or nosey. So I don't have an answer to this one!
2. What would you say is your favourite thing about YOU? (I just had to spell favorite with a "u"...I like to pretend I'm British or Australian sometimes...now, excuse me while I use the loo...hopefully there is not a que!)
I make beautiful babies! Really, can I say that? Because I do! How is that for a not boasting answer?
3. Speaking of "loos", toilet paper roll...under or over?
Over, I used to prefer under, but over just seems more functional to me.
4. What is your most memorable childhood family vacation?
Hmmmm....Lots, going to the lake every summer, 1000 islands, and I even went to Disney once
5. If you could choose one super power, what would it be?
Can I pick getting by on less sleep? That would be super!!!!